Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fruits or Vegetables???




This week we posed the question "what is the difference between a fruit and a vegetable?"

We found out that fruit have seeds and vegetables don't. My question was then "where are a pineapples seeds?, as I have never seen any. Ollie took on the challenge and found out at home that a pineapples' seeds are on the inside and near the bottom. I will have to look very closely the next time I cut into one.

Our bean seeds have also started to sprout. Take a look at Paulo's bean. We are not sure what secret ingredient he is feeding it as it is so much taller than any others.

Gemma and Maia also brought in a piece of fruit with some amazing seeds inside. Thank you girls for sharing what you found.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have already told him , We need to start planting the seeds of our veggie garden . I think he will be luckier than me! He is very happy about that.

    ReplyDelete